Thursday, May 29, 2008

Vacations!

Well it is already almost June and I am just now writing my second entry!! I have the hardest time sitting down and making the time to work on my blog so all you people will have to bear with me! Anyways, we went on a family vacation for pretty much the first time with our girls! We went to San Diego for about a week. We went to the beach on one day, spent a few days at Seaworld, and went to the zoo. We had a great time. It was nice to just get away for a bit but it is always nice to be back home and I think we appreciate what we have back at home a lot more!! Hopefully I can get some pictures on here! I'm going to try it as soon as I'm done yakking. We stayed over in the Mission Beach area and stayed in a vacation rental, which worked out pretty nice. For anyone who is going on a vacation for more than 3 days at a time, I highly recommend looking up vacation rentals online because it ends up being more affordable rather than staying in a hotel. So for anyone who is interested, I found a website called www.VRBO.com and then you can just type in where you want to go and look up different condos or homes to rent. The one we stayed at suited our purposes but next time I think we will stay right on the beach because a block and a half makes a difference and it is so much easier to be right on the beach!! But since we only spent one day at the beach it worked out okay for us this time. Seaworld was entertaining for the girls. Ari loved the sea lions and the dolphin show was really amazing! Those things are so smart!

Right before we made our way home last Friday, we stopped in Carlsbad and went to the Strawberry fields to pick our own strawberries. The girls had a good time, although if it wasn't so cold that day, I think they would have enjoyed their time a little more. Those strawberries are the best though. They are so sweet. We loved picking them and then just eating them one by one. That will definitely be a tradition of ours whenever we go to California and when it's strawberry season because those were delicious! Hopefully I can post those pictures on here too!

Right now Robert is in Lake Powell having a great time with his brother and brothers-in-law. I went and bought a tent especially for this trip because in our whole seven years of marriage, we have only gone camping once and that was in a huge tent my mom gave us and so I decided it was about time we got ourselves a smaller cozier one so what better time than now to just go buy one and then maybe he and I can someday going on a little overnighter!
He said it's a cute tent and very easy to set up so that is a plus. I just talked to Robert on the phone a little while ago and he told me a funny story about what all of them did lastnight. Okay so they were at Walmart in Page and had to get quite a few extra supplies and things for their camping trip and so after they picked everything out that they needed they went and were just about to the lake and realized that they had left their shopping cart at walmart after already paying for everything!! They just paid for their things and left and then like I don't know how much time later, they realized they forgot all of their stuff and mind you, they had quite a few things!! It looks like the guys aren't the designated shoppers at home, thank goodness!! They are out of practice. So when he told me that I was just laughing so hard. Oh men--what would they be without us women??

4 comments:

Angie Cazier said...

I think that is the funniest thing the guys did but shockingly it doesn't surprise me. Loved the park today. it was a blast. love angie

Cazier Craziness said...

That story is so funny! You need to put some pictures of your cabints on here. :)

Tyler and Ericka said...

Hey you need to update this! I put up pictures of the baby go check it out.

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

I am still laughing over the shopping cart incident. I can just see Robert going back to Walmart searching for their cart. How's Arizona?