Saturday, March 29, 2008

Getting Started!!

Hello!! I'm finally starting to catch up with the technology and get a family blog going! I hope I am doing this right so we will see. Getting pictures on here will be another thing for me to learn but I am open to it and will just make the time to post pictures!! Last fall is when I finally broke down and bought a digital camera and then at Christmastime, Robert got me an Ipod (which I am still learning, but I think I at least know the basics) and now I am going to attempt this blog thing that everyone has been talking about. My little brain can only handle one thing at a time.

So just a little rundown about our family...Robert and I have been married for almost 7 years in June and what a long, wonderful, growing journey it has been for us!! We got married here in St. George and 3 weeks later we moved to Phoenix, Arizona so I could start court reporting school which I would like to pick up again at another season in my life. About a year later, Robert got on with Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS) which moved us out to Globe which is about 90 miles east of Mesa. We were there for a year and then decided to transfer back up to St. George while we had the chance since it is such a high demand area to live. We are certainly blessed to be able to live in Utah but be paid Arizona wages, although we pay heavily in taxes to Utah. Robert patrols the 30 mile stretch of Arizona highway from here to Mesquite, NV. He is a very good, dedicated officer and enjoys it for the most part.

We have 2 beautiful girls who we love so much. We just can't imagine our life without them now!! They play well together and keep each other company! Ariana is almost four years old and has a very strong-willed personality. She is really bright and loves to go to preschool where her Aunt Teresa is her wonderful teacher. Ariana loves to play out in our backyard on the trampoline and in her new playhouse. She always likes to have friends come over and play and gets along well with everyone(except for times when her mother tries to discipline her). Makenna is our free-spirited, carefree, fearless two-year old. She just turned two on
Saint Patrick's Day
and so we just love green in our family now! She has brought so much fun and life into our home. She loves to be a big helper and feed Mocha, our chocolate lab. When she puts food in her bowl, she says "here you go, Gocha!" She is also known as our lobster child because she will just come up to you and pinch you for no reason. We are hoping we can fade here out of this real soon. So just beware next time you are around her.

In a nutshell that is our family!!

4 comments:

Angie Cazier said...

lexi,
So dang cute!!!!! I'm so proud of you. I can't wait to see some pics. your fam is so darling.
love you, angie

Angie Cazier said...

lexi, where are the pics. hee hee

Nat Lud said...

I hope you keep it up! I love reading about everyone--keeps me in the know. Bring on a new post sista!

Albob said...

Hi Lexi,
Well heck, I am new to blogs and equally as new to posting on them. I wrote a whole story and then it didn't post because I wasn't already registered as a blogger/poster... I guess. So this is my 2nd attempt.

It was great seeing you this past week-end in Casa Grande and then at your place in Mesa. You and I still have a score to settle! You went and BEAT ME three times in a row at ping-pong! I shall remain humble enough for you to try that again just a soon as we can. But I warn you... you're bringing out the tough competition! (notice I did make it PUBLIC that you beat me?) LOL!

Love you, hun,
Dad